Duties to include:
- Guarding swimming areas and observing swimmers to ensure safety;
- May perform rescue duties as needed
- Enforcing all safety rules and regulations within pool facilities
- Assisting with cleaning duties and maintenance as required
- Strong communication skills to interact with customers and staff.
Required certifications upon the first day of duties: First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, and AED.
Candidates that pass a swimming test will be trained in Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR and AED. Nasco Lifeguard Certification.
*Must be at least 16 years old by June 20th of the current year*
This is a multi-phase hiring and training approach. The first phase involves interviewing and evaluating the candidates for continuation of lifeguard training and employment. You will be asked to pre-interview, complete an application, be given a swim evaluation, and receive an introduction to becoming a lifeguard and job responsibilities if hired.
The swimming evaluation includes:
- 200-yard swim, 100-yard freestyle, and 100-yard breaststroke
- 2-minute tread (with head & hands out of the water)
- Feet First Surface Dive 5 pound brick retrieval from 6ft or deeper
Swimming Evaluations will be held:
May 21, 2022 | 11am-1pm
May 28, 2022 | 11am-1pm
June 4, 2022 | 11am-1pm
Please register for swimming evaluations here.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 313-332-5255.